Monday, November 16, 2009
Microsoft has confirmed that this functionality was a FrontPage Server Extension holdover from the previous versions of SharePoint and they never intended for it to continue working in MOSS.
The latest service pack (SP2) finally saw the removal of the hitcounter functionality from MOSS. Microsoft’s official recommendation is to use the Site Usage Reports (Site Actions –> Site Administration/Site Collection Administration –> Site/Site Collection Usage Reports)
Friday, November 13, 2009
SSP Search settings – Authentication failed because the remote party has closed the transport stream
do some search at internet , about all is related is SSL. But first of while i think i am not use SSL should be not this issues... but at last get the detail from http://support.microsoft.com/?id=962928
After try the luck!!! yeah is working!!
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
- Master-PowerShell with Dr. Tobias Weltner (free 500 page eBook)
- Getting started with business intelligence in SharePoint Server 2010 (downloadable poster)
- Design Search Architectures for Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 (downloadable poster)
- Organizing Information in SharePoint (video)
Thursday, November 5, 2009
here you go : ( opss after the simple step is not showed at moss sites!! ha ha, but i think i working for majority...i will try to found out why i cannot see the counter!!)
How to create a page and to add the hit counterTo create a page and to add a hit counter to the page, follow these steps:
- On a Web server that is running Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) or Microsoft FrontPage Server Extensions 2002, start SharePoint Designer 2007 or FrontPage 2003, and then open a Web page.
- Start a new page. To do this in SharePoint Designer 2007, click the New Document button on the toolbar.
To do this in FrontPage 2003, click the New Page button on the toolbar.
- In Page view at the bottom of the document window, click Design.
- Put the insertion point where you want to create the hit counter.
- On the Insert menu, click Web Component.
- Under Component type, click Hit Counter.
- Under Choose a counter style, double-click a hit counter style, and then click Finish.
- To set the counter to a specific number, click to select the Reset counter to check box, and then type the number.
- To display a fixed number of digits in the hit counter, click to select the Fixed number of digits check box, and then type the number.
For example, to display the hit counter as "00#" instead of as a single or double digit, click to select the Fixed number of digits check box, and then type 3.
- Click OK.
How to use the hit counter on the pageTo use the hit counter on the page, follow these steps:
- Put the insertion point before the hit counter object on the page.
- Type You are visitor followed by a space.
How to save and to preview the pageTo save and to preview the page, follow these steps:
- On the File menu, click Save.
- Name the file CounterText.asp, and then click Save.
- On the File menu, point to Preview in Browser, and then specify the option that you want.
- Click Preview.
NoteBecause the output from the hit counter object is text, the hit counter changes when you change the fonts and colors for the page.
How to reset the hit counterTo reset the value of the hit counter, follow these steps:
- In Page view, at the bottom of the document window, click Design.
- Double-click the hit counter.
- Click to select the Reset counter to check box, and then type a number in the box.
- Click OK.
Thursday, October 22, 2009
script as below :
save this batch file as .bat file will do.. the magic keyword is CALL!!
Thursday, October 1, 2009
*servers.txt is all your servers name going to add in.
$serverList = 'C:\servers.txt'
$names = get-content $serverList
$Admins = [ADSI] 'WinNT://
foreach ($name in $names)
Write-Host 'Adding Admins to' $name
#get the local group
$localAdminGroup = [ADSI]("WinNT://$name/Administrators")
#add the global group to the local group
This script have a bug , that is once the group is available at the target server then will stop and give error :). ha ha , either u write the if statement to catch it or just make sure all your server is not exist the name you want to add . ha ha..is simple, but is very fun for me to find out it.
Sunday, September 20, 2009
- Telerik Radeditor not working as normal at Mac client with Safari.
- Foxit PDF i0Filter is not working
- Some changer on the layout folder, so our layout customization lost some imagine.
- no solution yet, still checking at telerik forum.
- Reinstall the PDF i-filter and start full crawl
- Developer help to move the image to right folder
Monday, September 14, 2009
At last click on the Filter then go to search your file at the log.
if you not see the your file not propagate, you can go to run incremental Crawl.
then chek you log file again. Done
Friday, September 11, 2009
what is search server ? as i understand is copy the index file from index server and keep and search server, when user do the search query.
How to reset the search server propagation file ? is simple step , stop the office at central admin -> operation -> services on server -> office SharePoint Server Search ( on top select the server you want to reset)--> click on the Action Stop --> go to the index file delete the folder --> click the action start the search service. At this moment the search server will pull the propagation from the index server.
what is index server ? Index server is the server to do pull the indexing data from SQL and keep it at index server then propagation to all search server.
how to reset the index ? go to SSP --> Search administration --> Reset all crawled content --> click Reset Now. After reset all the index will become Zero (nothing) , so you need to start the Crawl. Go to Content sources ->click on the Start full Crawl under the Local Office SharePoint Server sites. then waiting the crawl, if you have alot content will take up few day to complete it.
yeah..this is what i want to share about the index and search .. :) . if you want to find specify file have crawl or not you can check onw the Crawl log.
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
You can use your server's Unified Logging Service (ULS) logs to troubleshoot queue issues in Microsoft Office Project Server 2007. The queue entry information in ULS logs is especially useful in conjunction with the information in the Manage Queue page in Project Web Access, or with Windows Server Event Viewer.
you can get more detail here:
This article describes:
How to configure ULS log-file settings
How to configure Microsoft Office Excel 2007 to view ULS log files
How to search for specific queue jobs in the ULS logs
Types of queue job entries in the ULS logs
Queue entry parameters
Best practices for troubleshooting queue issues
Thursday, August 27, 2009
As i have share before the step by step to deploy MOSS SP2 blog have share about the great coding to help us to generate the share file. After try on this , i feel great!! is really very simple and usefull code for us to generate the batch file for script. Thanks to CJG.
The reasons i like to use to detach and attach the DB becuase :
- Is a very faster way to get the latest update information at our farm
- Auto generate the latest script ( no need manually create the script one by one)
- with the simple coding we can edit it accordingly to our need
You can also create a command line utility to do this:
- Open Visual Studio
- Click “File->New Project”
- Select “Console Application”
- For name, type “ContentDetachAttachScript”
- Copy the following into the program.cs file:
static void Main(string args)
TextWriter tw = File.CreateText("C:/detachall.bat");
TextWriter tw2 = File.CreateText("C:/attachall.bat");
SPFarm farm = SPFarm.Local;
SPAlternateUrlCollectionManager mgr = farm.AlternateUrlCollections;
foreach (SPAlternateUrlCollection altColl in mgr )
foreach (SPAlternateUrl url in altColl)
if (url.UrlZone == SPUrlZone.Default)
SPSite site = new SPSite(url.IncomingUrl);
SPWeb root = site.RootWeb;
if (root.WebTemplate != "CENTRALADMIN")
//get the web application for the site collection
SPWebApplication webApp = site.WebApplication;
foreach (SPContentDatabase cd in webApp.ContentDatabases)
tw.WriteLine("stsadm -o deletecontentdb -url " + url.IncomingUrl + " -databasename " + cd.Name + " -databaseserver " + cd.Server);
tw2.WriteLine("stsadm -o addcontentdb -url " + url.IncomingUrl + " -databasename " + cd.Name + " -databaseserver " + cd.Server);
//Console.WriteLine("Content Database [" + cd.Name + "] was detached");
catch (Exception ex)
Console.WriteLine("Press enter to close");
- Compile the program, press F6
- Copy the executable to your SharePoint Farm
- Run the executable
- Open the C:\detachall.bat file , this file will contain all the stsadm commands that will detach all your content databases
- Open the C:\attachall.bat file, this contains all the stsadm commands to reattach your databases (NOTE: you should attach one at a time in the later steps).
Monday, August 10, 2009
After do some investigation, just found out our organization is add in Steelhead to our WAN system. The steel head help alot as what you see the testing report at below.
| || |
do not have steelhead
steel head available
8m above( cause respond time out)
*this testing is base on 45M notepad file
*respond time out due to take too long to upload ( you can change the setting and web config ) or you can use the multiple upload file to resolved this issues.
**steelheed conside as one of the tool for WAN optimization or accelerator.